Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Sandy

I put together a transistor radio and received an S.O.S from someone named Sandy. She was broadcasting from a deserted island somewhere off of the Hawaiian Island coast. In the broadcasted request for help Sandy said she ended up on the island after jumping off a ship that was headed to the rehab were the notable comic Jules Posner is being held at. I found the coordinates to the island and decided to attempt to rescue this mysterious Sandy. I charged up the Honda Hydro Hovercraft that I've been borrowing from a friend and set off on my rescue mission. I made sure to bring plenty of food, water and clothing for Sandy for when I reached her. On the way there I came across a pod of dolphins that I was able to communicate with using my communication fibulater. It seemed that the dolphins were speaking their own form of Chinese. I asked them if by chance they knew where this island was that I was searching for. They asked me why and I told them about Sandy. That is when they surprised me by telling me that they had in fact rescued Sandy from the ocean about a week ago and that they could lead me to the island where they took her.  On the way there I continued listening to Sandy's broadcast. After continued listening it dawned on me  that Sandy's voice was familiar, that I'd heard this voice in the past. Then I remembered that I once knew a Sandy, intimately, many years ago. I thought to myself could this be the same Sandy from back then? As we neared the island I noticed smoke signals coming from a mountain top. The dolphins said goodbye, then swam away.  I parked the hovercraft on the beach and saw a lady standing there in cut off shorts and a t-shirt with no shoes. It was the same Sandy that I once knew. She looked a little aged but I could still tell that it was her. I rescued her that day and she still is by my side with her big brown eyes and long black hair.

No comments:

Post a Comment