Thursday, March 4, 2010

Lindsay

Dare I say her name? When I do, or rather when I did, I used to get this awful sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Well, they say that time heals all wounds and I do find truth in this theory. Now I can say her name and be fine with it. Lindsay. There are still times when I'll hear someone say the name or see it in print like when I'm standing in line at Safeway and I see an article in some gossip magazine about Lindsay Lohan or something. The name conjures up images and memories of what she once was to me, and of course how I messed everything up. I think to myself quite often that if I still had her I'd be a much happier camper than I am now. Or maybe I'm just lonely. Still, I'm waiting for time to heal the wounds, and I'd rather not say or hear the name at all.

1 comment:

  1. I've never been in love so I don't know the feeling of constantly having a memory associated to a name. But I can see how hard that could be, and why you wouldn't want to hear her name.

    ReplyDelete