Monday, March 8, 2010

Marie

Marie was 18 when I met her, brunette, light skinned, with a body that wouldn't quit. I worked with her and her older brother Paul at place that rented out jump-houses and carnival-like games. Marie was slightly dorky but was honest and beautiful. She was damn good at the violin. She moved in shortly after I met her and we lived together for three or so years. We had plans for someday getting married and of moving to Vegas so that I could be with my son. Those plans never worked out, largely because I fell in love with someone else. It broke Marie's heart but I was too self-centered and selfish to notice. Flash forward ten years later to now. Marie saw me on the news and emailed me out of the blue. It took a little prodding but I found out that Marie is now married and has a daughter of her own. She still plays the violin. Now she is some sort of paralegal and has a fancy car to show for it. We talk like old friends who never missed a beat. Marie was one of those great ones of whom I let get away. Still, it's nice to be in touch with her again.

1 comment:

  1. Bummer! She seemed like a keeper, but then again you can't help who you fall in love with. It's a vicious cycle that we all go through. I do have a question though, your blog title is Ex girlfriends, and Honda cars, Whats the connection between the two?

    ReplyDelete