Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Mars

The year is 2033 and I find Lindsay on Facebook. I guess she moved to Mars. At least that's what her profile says. I'm surprised people still use Facebook. Anyways, so yeah, she lives on Mars and has been married and divorced three times since I've known her. She is a psychologist and has her own practice. She has three kids that are all now grown up. The pictures of them on her profile look like her: pale skin, skinny and with dirty blond hair. The pictures of her look like she's sad and somewhat lonely. I'm wondering should I contact her. I'm surprised she accepted me as a friend, let alone I should try to come into personal contact with her. It's been so long. She is still beautiful. Well at least she still remembers me. Or is she one of those kinds of people that add anyone to their profile? What would I say to her after so long? Maybe I should say something like "Hey, do you remember me? I know it's been a while but I was wondering how you've been. So how've you been?" Or maybe I should be a little more direct in how I’m feeling, "Hey, I know that it's been forever, but I just wanted you to know that I haven't forgotten you. And I’m sorry about everything from back then, truly sorry. I would like to see you again and try and form some kind of friendship again." Would she even care? Is she truly single like her profile says or is she on husband number four? Either way it doesn't matter, I just want to see her smiling face again. So here we go, "Dear Lindsay…”

No comments:

Post a Comment